top of page

U.S. Citizenship & Naturalization

N-400 - Application for Naturalization, which is the process to become a U.S. citizen for people who have accrued at least three (3) years (if married to U.S. citizen) or five (5) years as lawful permanent residents of the U.S. Please note: there are special exceptions for those who have served with the U.S. military.


N-600 - Application for Certificate of Citizenship that serves as evidence of U.S. citizenship. For example, you may file Form N-600 if you were born abroad and are claiming U.S. citizenship at birth through your familial relationship(s).

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship - In some cases, individuals born abroad automatically acquire U.S. citizenship because at least one (1) of their parents is a U.S. citizen. This acquisition of U.S. citizenship can then be proven via Consular Report of Birth Abroad or filing a Form N-600 application (above).

Please contact Blaker & Granet LLP if you would like additional information.

bottom of page